Make a Donation
Your support makes a huge difference
The Pitt Rivers Museum relies on the generous support of its visitors. No matter the size, every gift is vital to our work caring for one of the finest collections of objects from all over the world and all periods of time, and using these to build community, inspire, and learn.
The Museum’s role now is more important than ever. We are using our global collections to create a space for community, collaboration, support for vulnerable audiences, and open discussions about inclusivity, ownership and cultural appropriation.
- We conserve and look after unique objects that inspire and teach about how people live and see the world. Help us ensure the Museum’s objects are open and accessible to all stakeholders long into the future.
- Play your part in our vital work in talking and teaching about the colonial and problematic origins of some of our objects and creating fair, collaborative and equitable relations and representations in the Museum
- Support our innovative learning and community outreach programmes to make the Museum a place for creativity, inspiration, and solidarity – especially for those most vulnerable
- Make an impact by supporting a fantastic opportunity to rehouse, conserve and open up our incredible 8000 textiles and accessories from all over the world in a new Textiles Centre
Your donation to the Museum will help us in our core work – for example:
- £5 could help to digitise an object in our collections so that people worldwide can discover it
- £10 could help to freeze an object, protecting it from moths for future generations
- £20 could help to run a workshop for people suffering from dementia
- £100 could help to fund a school group from a deprived area to visit the Museum
- £200 could pay for moth traps for six months, to keep some of our collections safe from damage
For every £1 donated with Gift Aid, the Museum gets an extra 25 pence from the government at no extra cost to you. Gift Aid is a tax relief allowing UK charitable organisations to reclaim an extra 25% in tax on every eligible donation made by a UK taxpayer. If you are a UK taxpayer please let us know so we can claim Gift Aid on your donations - this additional income makes a big difference.